The goal of the event is simple: make a game, from scratch, in just a weekend. You can do this on your own, or in a team, you can be a seasoned pro or a total beginner. If you opt-in to the competition, you will be ranked against every other contestant!
|May 17||Theme submission & voting||You can submit theme ideas for the jam and vote for all other submissions.|
|May 24||Theme shortlist||Only the best 10 themes are kept. Rank them by order of preference in this final phase of theme voting.|
|Countdown stream||(To be confirmed) DanaePlays and Aurel300 host an official stream on Twitch to launch the event!|
|THE JAM!!!||Start making a game solo or as a team, and simply submit it before the deadline!|
|June 2||End of ranked jam||The main competition ends here, exactly 48 hours after the start time.|
|June 3||End of unranked jam||If you want to go for a relaxed weekend - or need more time - you can create a game in the 72 hours of the unranked jam.|
|June 16||Results||After two weeks during which all entrants are invited to play, rate and comment on other peoples games… The results are released and the winners crowned!|
There are three divisions:
- Solo, in which you make a whole game alone in 48 hours
- Team, in which any number of persons can gather to make a game in 48 hours
- Unranked, a more open division which grants about 72 hours to finish the game. Useful for those not interested in the competitive aspect of the event, want to work on an existing project of theirs, or simply did not finish their game in time.
See the full rules for the Alakajam.
How to enter
All you need to do is:
- Create an account on this website
- Publish your game before the deadline
A lot of participants also post an "I am in" blog post presenting themselves or their team before the event. Describe what tools and frameworks and engines you will use to create your awesome game! Which themes do you like? Let us and the community know!
If you can, feel free to spread the word about the jam - the more we are, the merrier! glhf ;)